Quick-Start Guide/How-To Buy NFTs
This guide will walk you through the creation of a wallet, signing/enabling the wallet for IMX, funding your wallet with L2 Eth, and purchasing a Sparkadia NFT! We broke down every step in very specific detail, so while this guide may look long, it's very simple and can be completed in less than 5 minutes! We recommend doing these steps PRIOR TO LAUNCH DAY.
A few key points: Sparkadia NFTs are powered by Immutable X (IMX). This means your wallet MUST be signed/enabled for Immutable. It also means that you must purchase with Eth inside your IMX wallet (sometimes known as L2 Eth), not just regular Eth. While this is simple to convert, ensure you take these steps prior to launch to ensure you're 100% ready to go on launch time! This guide is built for purchase on Rarible, but you can purchase our NFTs on any marketplace that IMX is supported! (We also recommend TokenTrove!)
- 2.Select "Immutable X" and "Metamask" options
- 4.A MetaMask notification will appear asking you to connect. Select the Account you created and hit 'Next' and then 'Connect'
- 6.Once you hit connect, an ImmutableX menu will appear on the right in the same browser window. Select 'Get Started'
- 8.Another MetaMask Notification window will appear. Click 'Next' and 'Connect'. You'll then be asked for a Signature Request to confirm your action with Immutable X. Click 'Sign'
- 10.Back to the main browser window! On the ImmutableX panel on the right side, click the "Set up Key" button. One more MetaMask Notification popup and click 'Sign' to confirm. Note, once setup is complete, you may be asked to re-sign. Simply click Sign and repeat the same process from above.
- 11.Finally! Simply enter your display name and email to complete your signup on Rarible!
You have a few options when it comes to acquiring Eth to purchase our NFTs. This section covers directly purchasing it.
- 1.Immutable X allows you to purchase Eth via Credit Card and Moonpay. In the top right of Rarible, click your the circle that represents your profile (likely a green circle unless you've changed it). Here, you'll see your connected wallet as "Immutable X" and below that is a button for "Add Funds"
- 3.Select the amount in USD and for currency, select ETH - Ethereum (Immutable). Note, our NFTs cannot be purchased via IMX tokens, please ensure you buy ETH (Immutable) rather than IMX. Big difference!
- 4.From here, you'll checkout via Moonpay, entering your email and credit card information.
- 5.Note, your credit card may be declined initially. You'll need to call your bank and ask them to approve the transactions on your CC. It's a pain, but banks still flag stuff like this unfortunately!
- 6.Once completed, you'll now have ETH - Immutable (L2 ETH) in your wallet! You can verify by selecting your profile once again and confirming that in your Immutable X wallet, there are funds!
If you already have Eth, this section will guide you on how to transfer to your Immutable wallet (L2 Eth)
- 1.Ensure the Eth you have is in the same Metamask wallet you've connected to Rarible. For example, if your Eth is on Coinbase or FTX, withdraw it from those and send it to your Metamask wallet address.
- 2.(You can grab your wallet address by opening the Metamask extension and clicking copy)
- 4.Once the Eth is in your Metamask wallet, it's time to bridge it over to Immutable. You can switch between Eth and Immutable via your Rarible profile. Note, this is the same wallet address, just different holdings.
- 6.If it's not already, switch your Connected Wallet type to Immutable by hitting the down arrow here.
- 7.Once your Immutable is connected here, you'll see an option for 'Bridge Eth'. Select this option.
- 9.From here, enter the amount you wish to move from L1 Eth to L2 Eth and click confirm. You'll be prompted to sign the transaction in Metamask.
- 10.You're done! Note, this is a little confusing but your Eth is not gone (sometimes it will take a second to show in your Immutable)! Be sure whenever you're in Rarible to double-check what wallet you're currently connected to (again, same wallet, but Ethereum vs Immutable)
- 2.Pick out your favorite NFT (remember to grab 1 of each hero for maximum bonuses!). Note, immediately after launch time, these will all be available for sale for $20. Any price over $20 means they have already been purchased and are now being sold by a previous buyer!
- 3.Open that NFT's page and select Buy now. This will take to Confirm Payment and then an Immutable Panel for finalizing the transaction.
- 4.That's literally it! Congrats!
We have a support channel at http://discord.gg/SparkadiaGG called #nft-and-purchase-support, feel free to ask for help there.
Final note, we've done our best to make this NFT launch a success, but we understand that dropping all of these on the open orderbook all at once can potentially cause some headaches and chaos. We'd love to hear feedback after this sale as it will help inform how we handle future sales. We are still figuring out what's best for our community and we ask for your patience until we 100% figure that out!